What is your Dream Home and Decorating Style?
Finding the correct terms to describe your New Dream Home and Decorating Style is just as tricky for you as it is for the professional that is guiding you through the decision process. With more and more choices and easy access to information, one can get confused about what approach to take. Here is the good news! Styles are now more flexible than ever. The trend to Mix and Match styles and colors has never been easier for the consumer. Below are some of the most popular descriptive style terms. Pick one or many to describe your style. The most important thing is to be comfortable in your space and have fun while decorating it!
Traditional Style House is the most common style in the United States. It is a mix of many classic, simple designs typical of the country's many regions. Common features include little ornamentation, simple roof lines, symmetrically spaced windows.
Beach cottage style is a collection of cozy and casual pieces reflecting the easy-going way of life near the coast.
Craftsman Style is often associated with bungalows, a style of house with origins in the Bengal region of India. A bungalow refers to a simple, small (typically only one or one-and-a-half stories) house with a sloping roof and wide porch along the front.
Modern Farmhouse style is known for its warmth and simplicity, characterized by natural textures and materials like wood or galvanized steel. While cream is still the color of choice, paired with neutrals, bright, bold hues can also be used. ... Farmhouse style emphasizes well-used and loved items.
Modern rustic space is an open floor plan, modern furniture, and preserved and exposed natural architectural elements. The color scheme is very simple with large windows bringing the outdoors in. This style has an informal elegance – comfortable and modern living at its best.
Industrial Style or Industrial Chic refers to an aesthetic trend in interior design that takes clues from old factories and industrial spaces that in recent years have been converted to lofts and other living spaces. ... Industrial style can also be seen in the use of unexpected materials used in building.
Transitional Style marries traditional and contemporary style furnishings, finishes, materials, and fabrications to home in on simple yet sophisticated, classic, timeless design albeit with a decidedly harmonious, unexpected sense of play.
Tropical Modern Style is a refreshing architectural expression of a tropical atmosphere. Inherent to its modern design is extraordinary natural light and views of lush vegetation achieved with the tactful use of wide-gauge glass and organic materials like exotic woods and cultured stones.
Top 10 Reasons to Choose
Southern Image Design Builders for your next project
1. Value Nine out of ten of our projects generally exceed 20% of its original projected market price We have trained team of professionals that keep up with current building products and decorator trends.
2. Quality We hire skilled carpenters, project managers, and specialty tradesmen on every job. This entails for you a more professional job with a well-trained production team versus a builder who uses low-cost material and labor .
“The Bitterness of Low Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Prices Has Been Forgotten”.
3. Guarantees We can offer you an all-inclusive pricing with special pass thru warrantees.
4. Commitment Southern Image is well known in the central Virginia, Lake Anna and Louisa area. We have been in the custom home building business for over 30 years. We are so sure you will be pleased with the outcome; we will give you a 2-year workmanship warranty on a new home.
5. Personal Service of Owners Jeff Martin is a Journeyman Carpenter from Waynesboro’s Mennonite country and Jean Martin is a Designer from the Richmond area. Our Team can provide you with Design/Build services or we can build from your architect’s plans, we will work either way. We are both active in the day- to-day construction details of every project.
6. Satisfaction Our goal is to give you, our customer, a home that satisfies your lifestyle and meets your budget needs for years to come. We listen to our clients during the whole building process to be sure we have answered every question and met all their needs
7. Knowledge Our Staff and Sub Contractors regularly attend new product seminars and trade training. Southern Image homes are built with high standards and quality materials. Every home includes Energy Star® and Universal Accessibility features. We also use Low-Voc. Renewable and Green Building supplies when requested.
8. Fair Pricing Not only is our pricing fair, it represents the solid value we bring to every project. Custom built doesn’t always mean high price. It just means we take the process a bit more open minded.
9. Professionalism We are properly insured and licensed. We take out all building permits in our company name. We assure all required building codes are met and inspections passed.
10. Convenience We are in the Beautiful Lake Anna Area in Louisa, Virginia, with Fredericksburg, Charlottesville and Short Pump only 45 minutes away.